Microsoft Outlook is a highly used and valued tool. Sage understands this and has taken every effort in order to maximize the integration between the two programs. SalesLogix Mobile features integration with Outlook, which means you can use Outlook e-mail, calendar, and contact functionality on your handheld device while keeping your SalesLogix Mobile customer information current. Your SalesLogix Mobile address book is readily available in Outlook and can be used to send e-mails through Outlook, which become automatically attached to the record within SalesLogix history and saved in the SalesLogix database. Planning meetings and managing your calendar also becomes easy with SalesLogix Mobile and Outlook integration. The calendars in both applications are integrated, so you can schedule, accept or decline meetings in either system.
SalesLogix Mobile replicates familiar SalesLogix functions on your mobile devices, delivering rich functionality with the real-time convenience of wireless. You can easily view, edit, and add contact information, customer account data, and notes; schedule activities quickly with an intuitive drag and drop calendar; review detailed customer history, including information about previous sales; and access customer support tickets and resolution history.
SalesLogix Mobile integration with Outlook allows you to:
- Send emails from Outlook and attach them to a client record within SalesLogix Mobile
- Schedule activities within SalesLogix to be mirrored in Outlook
- Store contacts in SalesLogix Mobile and Outlook sharing the database
- Allow users to have the same functionality while on the go as they would at their desk
- While in Outlook, select recipients directly from the SalesLogix Mobile address book
- Attach SalesLogix Library files to Outlook messages
- Check unread e-mail messages against the SalesLogix Mobile database and “flag” e-mail from customers and prospects so you know which e-mail messages to answer first
- View both Outlook and SalesLogix free/busy schedules from within SalesLogix Mobile to schedule appointments for SalesLogix and non-SalesLogix users
- Choose the Outlook Calendar as your default while in SalesLogix Mobile
- Move contacts between Outlook and SalesLogix Mobile
- Allow for silent background synchronization between Outlook and SalesLogix Mobile
The advantage of SalesLogix Mobile integration with Outlook is the ability to have up-to-date business information at your fingertips once updated records become shared. By keeping an ongoing account of all emails, phone calls and documents sent to and from a client, you will always have up-to-date records of communications. So when you’re dealing with a large amount of clients you can rely on SalesLogix Mobile to do most of the memory work for you, meanwhile you take on more accounts and close more deals. SalesLogix Mobile works seamlessly with Outlook for e-mail, calendar, contacts and synchronization.
With new software comes the task of learning new things and new ways of doing the same tasks. Hence, combining Outlook’s and SalesLogix’s functionality into a cohesive, comprehensive database is an excellent way to encourage users to gradually migrate themselves to the SalesLogix Mobile environment without inundating users with systems and processes they are not yet completely comfortable with. SalesLogix Mobile and Outlook integration gives users complete freedom to choose which elements of Outlook and SalesLogix Mobile to use. Users can continue using Outlook while learning features of SalesLogix Mobile and accurately send and receive emails or schedule activities while they’re tracked and stored in SalesLogix Mobile. When the switch is made to SalesLogix Mobile all the past emails and activities will still be available to view.
SalesLogix Mobile integration with Outlook can be set up to run automatically. You will never have to consciously synchronize the two programs as it will always be sharing information in the background. This way you will have the ability to work without worrying about where your information is stored.
Best of all, you can even synchronize bidirectionally from SalesLogix Mobile to Outlook and from Outlook to SalesLogix Mobile. This allows you to have a fully up-to-date list of all the contacts within Outlook now in SalesLogix Mobile. Also, any new contacts, emails or activities stored within SalesLogix Mobile become stored within Outlook, cutting down the time required to hunt down important contact information between the two systems.